Tuesday 14 August 2007

Comfort Doll II progress

Spirit2b

Comfort Doll #2 is progressing. I am experimenting with putting her "garland" (aka the pearls) on first. And I got reallllly pretentious, as I wanted very small tatting, like a diadem. So this was done with sewing cotton (and furry stuff at that!). It is really hard to use, and not the sort of thing to do as a passenger in a car. As it is so small you cannot see individual stitches.

But it seems to work.

I am embellishing this one a little less than the last as (and don't tell anyone), it is a quickie, so I can send one to Jo in New Zealand to distribute. Besides which - I have one I want to make that is, wait for it, not purple.

Pat, who initiated this project, was kind enough to leave a comment thanking me for blogging my progress to help the less experienced doll makers. Ummmm - Pat. You are more than kind. What you see above is my second doll - and the one before it was my first.

But I have been inspired by seeing the work of other Spirit Doll makers.

The progress of mine is on a set at Flickr. And dolls by others are in a Flickr Group.

4 Comments:

Blogger crazyhaberdasher said...

Hey there! So what colour are you going to do next?

4:51 pm  
Blogger Candi said...

How sweet is that! She's going to be so welcomed:)
HUGZ:)
Candi

5:42 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just commented on a later post and couldn't figure out how this wa made. Now I see how you are making these dolls. I am gonna have to try this myself. By the way, I am blown away by that fan project you have in your Ready to Bind Section.

6:04 am  
Blogger Pat Winter Gatherings said...

Thank you Linda, I have added this one to my website(finally) so the world can see All Comfort DOlls. You are so sweet and generous to contribute to both areas. I am just thrilled to be a part of this project.

8:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home