Wednesday 19 July 2006

Day 17 of 100 Details in 100 Days

Okey Dokey - so I am going to write my own rules. Some days may have more than one "Day" in them. As long as I get 100 Details in before my 100 Days are up.

So here is a start on the Sewing Boxes. The first one I posted was HERE.

Cabinet

This one, we think, is a companion for a 1930s electric Singer sewing machine. When not in use it would have folded up into a nice slimline box that would have been out of the way.

We're not even sure what is in it yet - it is important to catalogue it exactly as it is, before moving anything around.

3 Comments:

Blogger LynnS said...

How interesting!

I've been enjoying your posts. I only own one antique iron but your posts are enticing me to locate more.

7:38 am  
Blogger Maureen said...

I've missed my daily dose of Chloesplace and was wondering if you'd turned into an icicle?
That slimline cabinet looks "interesting"

12:30 pm  
Blogger R said...

Hi! I've not seen a sewing box like this before... how VERY interesting! I have to say I love sewing boxes. I sold an attachments box (on eBay) that was actually made by Singer if you'd like to see it: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=007&item=170005511074&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESO%3AIT&rd=1

Anyway, I enjoyed reading your blog. Kind Regards, April

12:42 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home