Thursday 6 July 2006

Day12a of 100 Days

Ooooh, this is exciting.

I have to admit I put the last iron in the bath last night, and left it outside with the lid on.

This is what I saw when I had a look this morning - the Ghost of Irons Past

Iron2b

You cannot see it here - but there are also little bubbles all over the iron, as the rust reacts with the vinegar, and gets ready to come off. I haven't seen this before, as I probably left the lid off, so the wind took the bubbles away, or I shook the tub before I took the lid off.

3 Comments:

Blogger Marty52 said...

Cool! I'm gonna make note of that vinegar solution in case I ever need to take rust off of something. Are you having fun??? :0)

2:10 pm  
Blogger Linda S. said...

Who would have thought it would do that? Looking at all these irons make me truly appreciate what we have today.... and makes me wonder what was used before that made the women of that era feel the same about their irons..

4:31 am  
Blogger Erica said...

that looks very surreal, you are doing such a good job on the irons!

6:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home