Wednesday 28 December 2005

Peacock Closeups

Here are the closeups of the four corners of the Peacock Wall Hanging - hopefully there will be enough quality for people to get a look at them. Just as a reminder, the whole thing is made up of three round robin blocks and twelve DYB (Doing Your Block) blocks, plus a special from Belinda and fillers from me.

There is a bit of overlap on the pictures, but you should be able to get the idea.

You can see who did which block on the Flickr Set - this is far from being all my work, although the piecing is all mine.

The Wall Hanging is now totally embellished - I just need to find the RR books etc and work out what date it started, so I can do a signature. Then I will bind it. Might try the French Facing technique Allison was so kind as to post. Thanks Allison. (Edit note - my apologies to Allison, and my appreciation to Arlee for pointing out I had attributed this to the wrong A class lady)

Top Left (larger version HERE):

CornerTL

Top Right (larger version HERE):

CornerTR

Bottom Left (Larger version HERE):

CornerBL

Bottom Right (Larger version HERE):

CornerBR

7 Comments:

Blogger Julia said...

WOW! Linda the quilt is amazing, it's so beautiful.
You did a great job of putting the blocks together.
It certainly is stunning!

9:46 am  
Blogger Jacqui said...

OOOOh! I want one, I want one. :) Colours are delicious and feathers are marvelous. Love it!

9:06 pm  
Blogger Dawn said...

Gorgeous! Absolutely Gorgeous!!

9:46 pm  
Blogger Marty52 said...

The colors in this just knock me out... you've done a wonderful job of bringing it all together.. sure wish I could see it in person!

2:16 am  
Blogger arlee said...

Ummm, as honoured as i am, it was Allison who showed the french facing technique :}

Absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7:28 am  
Blogger Linda said...

Uuuuuuuuuuuum. I am off to edit. I know I have the link right. You A Class ladies get me confused sometimes.

Thanks!

8:02 am  
Blogger bibliotecaria said...

That quilt is lovely and intense. I love the blue shades that you've chosen to mix together like that.

Curiosity question. In looking at the bottom of the bottom right, I can see a picture of two swan-type birds facing each other, but even on the larger picture I can't tell if that is something you stitched in or a part of the fabric. If you did stitch it, would it be possible to have an even closer up picture (at your leisure)? I'm curious to see the stitch pattern.

thanks

5:28 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home