Monday 14 November 2005

Treble Clef

The Treble Clef from my Katrina block is finished.

First I Goggled for images, and had a lovely time looking at some jeweled ones. I copied one and printed it the size I wanted, and traced it on tissue paper, making sure I knew which bit overlapped which.

Then I embroidered the outline in black perle 12 crochet cotton.

ATJ7a

Then I removed the tissue paper and worked inside the black outline with tiny gold petite Mill Hill beads, using a careful mix of larger ones to emphasise the long straight bit.

ATJ7b

Finally, I added a vintage glass piece to the tail and filled in the larger areas between the gold beads. And this is the result:

ATJ7c

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's amazing, I was about thinking about putting one of these on my jeans bag that I started on Saturday!

8:14 am  
Blogger Julia said...

Perfect for the Katrina block!
I love it!

10:34 am  
Blogger Marty52 said...

This is stunning! I love how the larger beads emphasize the downward line.

3:26 am  
Blogger arlee said...

WOW--would that ever be incredible as a lapel ornamentation too, or on a bag. or on the ends of a scarf or...:D

2:33 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home