Sunday 21 August 2005

Jeans Bag Sunday II

Here is my Bag of Fun for this Sunday morning.

JeansBag4

I am still having trouble with colours - Sharon has suggested apricot, but I don't like apricot. It has never been one of "my" colours. Although I can appreciate that is why her bag looks so good.

But I have to remember there is a long way to go yet, and I only add beads and buttons at the end, as they get in the way when I am sewing.

At this point I have decided I needed to firstly fill it with fairly large elements, and then work the fine details around them. And I am experimenting with overlapping things to bring them together.

Still - the 8th November is a long way off. Threads...beads....buttons ..... charms...broken "jools" ..... keys ......

4 Comments:

Blogger Pamela Kellogg said...

How about some yellow Linda? Blue and yellow always go well together.

This is really coming along nicely!

10:18 pm  
Blogger Mary-Frances said...

I think it looks great. I like the little "doily" (sp?) pieces in there...what a great idea (as I go digging through my boxes!
I did have to giggle tho, your "I don't like peach" seemed to want a little stamp after it (picture little girl stomping foot! LOL!). My advice, DON'T use it if you don't like it! LOL!

11:49 pm  
Blogger Grangry said...

Pam, I agree with you. Go to the colour circle Linda, just a few small accents of yellow or orange should really spark it up!

12:16 am  
Blogger Jacqui said...

I agree with one of the comments on the flickr site about this looking like china and being delicate and subtle. Love the use of doilies and how you are using them.

4:04 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home