Sunday 19 November 2006

Week 2 sampler

Sampler5

Have to admit I have not done a lot on my sampler for this week's classes with Sharon. Life has been busy.

The top row is a little bit of Fly Stitch variation, then I was mucking around - I am quite taken with the woven detached chain (in the centre) and the idea of flowers as detached chain with long closing stitches.

Then, from memory, it was Moss Stitch and Crown Stitch.

Now what I am going to do is file this half-finished sampler with the notes, at the start of the week, and come back later and do some more. These classes are quite fun - I am not getting a lot of time to stitch, but more than half the fun is the class forums where you see how everyone else is interpreting the same stitch.

4 Comments:

Blogger Rissa said...

It looks great. Life has a tendency to get in the way now an again.

11:21 am  
Blogger elizabethdee said...

that woven detached chain stitch is wonderful! (so is everything else). your colors are amazing, too--i can't wait to explore the rest of your blog now.
p.s. my nine-year-old daughter just breezed by, saw your sampler on the screen, and said, "WOW, that is just amazing!"

1:14 pm  
Blogger Misa said...

Your sampler is GORGEOUS.

10:14 pm  
Blogger Susan said...

I love your sampler. It looks like an actual art piece, but I can see the practice, too.

3:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home